I made these cookies for friends about a year ago and yesterday she asked me for the recipe. That reminded me how scrumptious they are (she did remember them after a whole year, after all)!
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
(sift all together)
3/4 cup soft shortening
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup molasses
Sift together dry ingredients. Mix in the remaining ingredients slowly. Chill for 1 hour. Roll into balls and then roll in sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until flat and crinkled.
As a bonus, here are 5 facts about ginger:
- Helps digest fatty foods and break down proteins
- Can treat motion sickness
- Can reduce inflammation caused by arthritis
- Stimulates the circulation of blood
- Is a natural decongestant and antihistamine
Now you can feel great about devouring these delectable cookies!
GO with love.